Profile Evaluation for MBA Universities
Get your queries answered for MBA colleges in USA, Canada, UK, India
MBA Crystal Ball has offered free profile evaluation to thousands of MBA applicants. Our discussion threads are among the most popular on many leading MBA forums like GMAT Club or Beat The GMAT.
You probably already know how profile evaluations for MBA programs in international universities work. If it’s an unfamiliar concept, visit any popular MBA forum to see how it works.
In the simplest format, MBA candidates generally share some basic (and largely unstructured) information and expect consultants to provide them insights and advice on the way forward.
The idea sounds logical enough, but often there’s a difference between what candidates hope for (a detailed MBA application roadmap for free) and what they end up getting from the counsellors (a marketing pitch…for free!).
Instead of telling you what you already know (e.g. whether your GMAT is low or high), we’d like to provide inputs that aren’t very obvious to you. We’ll ask you for more structured data across a range of dimensions.
We also expect you to be practical about what you can and cannot get from a free profile evaluation forum.
Keep in mind that we haven’t tested your essay writing or interviewing skills (like we do in our more comprehensive and personalised MBA MAP) and that can make all the difference.
Let’s set up the expectations upfront.
Do’s and Don’ts for our Free Profile Evaluation
– Do keep in mind that this profile evaluation is only helpful if you are applying this year. If you are planning to apply after 1-2 years, consider our MBA profile builder service.
– Don’t just share your profile and assume that we’ll know what questions you have in your mind. Be specific in listing them down.
– Do share all the details we’ve asked for in the template below, in order to really appreciate the rationale behind your queries.
– Don’t ask speculative questions like ‘What are my chances of getting an admit/scholarship?‘ or ‘Which business schools should I apply to?‘
We will not be able to answer them. Curious to know why? Read this.
Here’s a little secret that most MBA consultants won’t tell you. The only way to find out whether you have a chance or not is (drumroll music)…by applying!
– Do be patient (and courteous) to our team after you’ve posted. We will get to it when we have some free time from our main commitments. Getting a response is a privilege, not a right.
– Don’t assume that everyone who posts will get a response. With the volume of requests we get, we may not be able to respond to every single request, specially the vague and open-ended ones. Which brings us to our last and most crucial point…
– Do your homework before posting to improve your changes of getting a response. Read a few entries on our (now locked) Archive of free profile evaluations for MBA to see the kind of questions other candidates are asking and inputs they have got.
Fair enough? Let’s move to the modalities now.
MBA Crystal Ball – Free Profile Evaluation Process
Step 1: You share your basic profile details over email by following the template shared below. Don’t forget to ask us specific questions that we can answer.
Step 2: One of our expert admission counsellors will review your profile and your specific questions.
Step 3: We will respond to your queries over email. If you have further follow-up queries, we’d be happy to carry on the discussion over email.
Use the following format in your email
To: mcb [at] mbacrystalball [dot] com
Subject: Profile Evaluation Request
Copy the following template in your email body and add your answers for each section.
Send the email to: mcb [at] mbacrystalball [dot] com
Need a little inspiration before you start the brutally competitive application process? You’ll find plenty in the links below:
– MBA admissions success stories
– MBA scholarship success stories
– Low GMAT success stories
– Low GPA success stories