It’s the big confusing question that baffles the brightest and best. It can get more confusing if you are applying to b-schools in India and USA (and UK, Canada) where the format, duration, culture and the class profile can vary a lot.
Here’s the good news. Whether you are building your profile for ISB or Harvard or INSEAD, the basic approach does not change. If you follow the basic principles and put in the right amount of effort in the suggested profile building activities and strategies, you can improve your profile for most of the top ranking B-schools in the world.
Read on to find out how our profile building service can help you strengthen your personal and professional profile and help you put in a strong MBA application.
MBA Crystal Ball created the MBA Mock Application Process (MBA MAP™) for applicants who are ready to apply. It turned out to be a big hit, and is now our flagship product.
However, it had some important lessons for us. While working with hundreds of applicants on the MBA MAP, we realised that it was already too late for most of them to improve their profiles. At best, we could only help them package and present what they already had to offer.
If they had approached us 1-3 years earlier, there was a lot we could’ve done to help. That’s how our MBA Profile Builder™ service came into existence.
The MBA Profile Builder™ methodology
We’ll make you go through a simulated application with your future profile (i.e. how you might appear to Adcoms when you are ready to apply).
We’ll analyze the inputs from the process to generate a customized report based on our in-house (and solidly robust data-oriented) MBA profile evaluation methodology. The report will provide an idea of how the Admission officers at the best MBA programs will perceive you if you present a similar profile in 1-2 years.
Here’s how we break it down.
Part 1 – Mini Application
In this phase, we gather data related to your career as well as academic and personal life using a resume and a questionnaire. We’ll also ask you to rate yourself vis-à-vis your peers in diverse areas (including soft-skills).
– B-school Resume: Just like B-school admissions officers, we’d ask you to give us a short (1-page) CV that captures all the important and relevant milestones.
– Mini-essays: We want to see how you deal with subjective and introspective questions. In our questionnaire, you’ll find essays that the best Bschools frequently cover in their MBA applications. Convince us that you have the ability to not only write well, but also communicate your aspirations (including career goals) with clarity and maturity.
Part 2 – Profile Evaluation & Analysis
Our customized report will cover the following:
– On a 5-point scale (Below Average, Closer to Average, Good, Strong etc), we’ll let you know where you stand against your competition.
– We’ll categorize the top B-schools into 5 buckets (Ambitious, Stretch, Practical, Safe, Backup), so you’ll know how many would be within reach if your career trajectory continues as you’ve assumed. Apart from the summary, we also include individual ratings for a select few schools.
– A recommendation and action plan on what you can do over the next few months/years to improve your profile.
In most cases, we send the report as an Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) file in 1-2 working days.
Part 3 – Personalized Action Plan
We wrap up the process with a 1-hour consultation over the phone, covering questions you may have on the report, the analysis, the recommendations and the way forward. We’ll cover aspects related to GMAT prep, extra-curriculars, social work, professional initiatives you can take up and more.
The entire Profile Builder service is carried out over email/phone. It doesn’t matter which country / city you are in. We’ve worked with MBA applicants in India and across the world.
How to order the MBA Profile Builder™
Drop us a mail at info [at] mbacrystalball [dot] com with the title ‘Profile Builder Request’ along with your profile details and we’ll suggest the way forward.