MBA Crystal Ball | Policies
Please read these Terms of Service carefully. If you have any questions regarding these policies, please contact MCB at info [at] mbacrystalball [dot] com.
Terms of Service (TOS)
This agreement is between MBA Crystal Ball (“MCB”) and its clients. The term “MCB” includes its proprietors and partners. Unless the context requires otherwise, MCB and/or its assigns shall be referred to as “us, we, or our” and you shall be referred to as “you or your.”
1) You will not hold MCB, its consultants, officers, editors, and representatives liable for any denied admissions to any academic or professional program or school or any denial of employment. Furthermore, you understand that you will write all your essays and that you are responsible for all aspects of the essays, CV/resumes, recommendations, videos, presentations and any other content that’s part of the application.
2) We have made NO representations about what our service will do for your chances of admission to any academic or professional school or program or for your chances of employment at any public or private institution.
3) MCB disclaims any and all implied or express warranties, including but not limited to, the essays’, CV/resumes’, or letters’ fitness for a particular purpose and your fitness for any academic or professional program.
4) You understand and agree to our refund policy, which is as follows:
– [4a] MCB will not issue refunds after you have made the payment.
– [4b] MCB consultants block their time based on the scope of activities decided at the time of sign-up. We will not entertain any requests for a change of schedule/scope after signup or move it to another round (e.g. Round 1 to Round 2), unless it has been mutually agreed in writing before making the payment. After making the payment, if you decide to use a lower scope than what what originally mutually agreed, we cannot offer a refund. We cannot transfer the credit to another candidate (friends, colleagues etc) or another time-frame (e.g. next round or season) either.
– [4c] All services should be taken up within 4 months of signing up. For shorter scope packages (e.g. MBA MAP, Career MAP, Profile Builder, Turbo/Basic Package), the validity period will be within 1 month of sign-up. Any exceptions should be explicitly requested for and mutually agreed. If there are inordinate or unexplained delays at your end, or if we get requests with impractical timelines (MCB reserves the discretion to define what’s acceptable), there is no obligation for us to complete the full scope of services. We cannot offer refunds either.
– [4d] Our standard scope includes only the main application essays and not the scholarship essays/other online application components. Basis mutual discussion, we consider extending the scope, at an additional cost.
5) MCB’s clients are located across the world and we make extensive use of email to reduce costs for both sides. For essay editing services, all reviews will be communicated via email. Telephone conversations are restricted only for those who have bought the brainstorming session. All fees that we charge are for our advisory work only. Any additional costs (including but not limited to commuting, telephone and any other out-of-pocket expenses) are to be borne by you.
6) You will be responsible for the validating and communicating to MCB all specific requirements for the application related but not limited to essay topics, recommendations, resume, TOEFL / IELTS, application dates and any additional application components.
7) Though we have never used this option before, MCB reserves the right to use your essays as samples (after removing references to your identity) unless otherwise stated by you.
8) Use of the Internet, the MCB site and MCB services is solely at your own risk. The confidentiality of any communications or materials transmitted through the site cannot be guaranteed. MCB is not responsible for the security of any information transmitted through the Internet, the accuracy of the information contained on the site, or for the consequences of any reliance on such information. You assume sole and complete risk for using this site and MCB’s services.
9) MCB may approach you subsequently for additional services or to provide/request information that might be relevant. You may request in writing that MCB not use your information to contact you.
10) MCB reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
11) Prices are subject to change without notice.
You agree to indemnify and hold MCB, and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, managers, members, officers, employees, agents and other representatives harmless from and against any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out your use of MCB services, your use of this site, your violation of the TOS, or your violation of any rights of a third party.
All Web site design, text, and graphics are the property of MCB. Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of MCB’s information practices.
Copyright© by MBA Crystal Ball. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Permission to use the information on this Web site is granted subject to the following conditions:
Individuals involved in MCB services may quote from this web site provided the material in which it is quoted contains the following notice:
“This information is provided by MBA Crystal Ball. Further information is available at https://www.mbacrystalball.com/ or via e-mail at info [at] mbacrystalball [dot] com”
In addition, such individuals may reproduce pages from this web site and distribute them provided the reproductions contain the MCB graphic at the top of each and a link back to this site.
MCB grants permission to link freely to this web site.
All content provided on the MCB website is for informational purposes only. MCB makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. MCB will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, or damages from the display or use of this information.
Information, documents, articles, posts, comments or any other form of written statement published on this website/blog are the opinions of individual authors and do not reflect the views of MCB. No information on the MCB blog should be taken as official. MCB uses the main www.mbacrystalball.com website (pages without the /blog suffix) to express the official opinions and activities of MCB.
Links to external sources are not intended as endorsements, on behalf of MCB, of any companies/organisations, products/services offered or views expressed therein
Disclaimer of Responsibility
MCB is providing this web site and its contents on an “AS IS” basis and makes no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, with respect to this site or its contents. MCB disclaims all such representations and warranties, including for example warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In addition, MCB does not represent or warrant that the information accessible via this site is accurate, complete, or current.
Neither MCB nor any of its owners, proprietors, partners, directors, employees, editors, or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including without limitation compensatory, direct, indirect, or consequential damages, loss of income or data, loss of or damage to property, and claims of third parties.
The services described herein are provided “AS IS” without any warranty of any kind, either express or implied. In no event will MCB, its owners, proprietors, officers, directors, employees, editors, and representatives be held liable for any damages of any kind, including without limitation compensatory, direct, indirect, or consequential damages, loss of income or data, loss of or damage to property, and claims of third parties arising from any clients’ rejection from any academic or professional program of any kind.
Third Party Products and Services
This section applies to all Products and Services provided by MCB’s partners such as the GMAT preparation courses and essay editing services by other teams.
MBA Crystal Ball’s role is limited to being a reseller/distributor/facilitator. MCB does not have any control on the quality of the product/service, the delivery process, the partner’s policies and other related aspects.
Signing up for any of these offerings indicates your deemed acceptance of our partner’s Terms & Conditions. For any queries, disputes and refunds related to the service, you will interact directly with our respective partners. MCB is not obligated to get involved in the dispute resolution process.
All the general MCB Terms & Conditions mentioned earlier will apply for Third party products and services.
Service and Trade Marks
MBA Crystal Ball ®, its logo and all associated sub-brands (MBA MAP™, Career MAP™, BizMAP™) are trademarks of MCB. All rights thereto are reserved.
Created on 28 November 2010. Last updated on 25 August 2013