Harvard Business School
Harvard Business School
Boston, MA 02163
Harvard MBA in a nutshell
The Harvard Business School with a world-class campus in Boston, Massachusetts features on most of the applicant’s dream list because of its fantastic reputation and its prestigious list of alumni. It has constantly been among the top-ranking schools in the world.
Established in 1908, the HBS MBA program is among the toughest B-school to get into (second only to the Stanford MBA). Harvard gets the best applicants from within and outside the U.S. The students who receive admits are a very accomplished and ambitious lot.
The Harvard brand along with its high-quality curriculum through case-study method equips students with sufficient skills to achieve their goals. The class size is quite big with an intake of close to 900 students each year, divided into ten sections.
Harvard MBA Class Profile
A truly diverse student body — in background, nationality, interests and ambitions — is the foundation of the HBS experience.
The gender ratio is 59% :41% (Male:Female) with 35% international students. The average student is 27 years old.
The average GMAT score for Harvard (2016 class) was 730 with the scores ranging from 510-790.
Harvard MBA Admissions
The Acceptance Rate for the Harvard MBA is 12%. Out of 9543 applications that the Admissions office received, 935 were enrolled.
– A 4-year undergraduate degree
– Competitive GMAT / GRE scores,
– If your medium of education in college wasn’t in English, you’d need a TOEFL, iBT or IELTS score
– 2 Recommendations
– Interview + Post interview reflection (within 24 hours)
– Application fee of $250 [For the 2+2 course, the fee is reduced to $100]
Video | Experience the Harvard Case Study
From the Harvard Admissions Blog
- HBS coming to a city near you
This time of year we spend a lot of time traveling to meet with you and other potential Harvard students in dozens of cities around the world. We will answer questions you have about the application … show more
- Class of 2022 Application Dates
For those of you who will be applying in the next “application year” we’ve set application deadlines for Round 1 (September 4, 2019) and Round 2 (January 6, 2020). The application will open up again i … show more
- 2+2 Application Deadline Next Week
Attention college seniors: if you are planning to apply to our 2+2 deferred admission program, the deadline is coming up next Tuesday, April 9 at noon ET. A few things to remember: We look for the sam … show more
- College students – check out HBS!
If you’re currently in college and you’re intrigued by the idea of an MBA in the future, check out two programs we will run on the HBS campus in June: The Summer Venture in Management Program (SVMP) – … show more
Harvard MBA in MBA Crystal Ball Articles
- Harvard Stanford vs Cambridge Oxford | Ivy league vs Oxbridge
- What to expect as a Harvard MBA student
- 16 things every Harvard Business School MBA student should know
- Harvard Business School interview questions and answer tips
- How business schools bring innovation to their classrooms