Harvard Business School
Harvard Business School
Boston, MA 02163
Harvard MBA in a nutshell
The Harvard Business School with a world-class campus in Boston, Massachusetts features on most of the applicant’s dream list because of its fantastic reputation and its prestigious list of alumni. It has constantly been among the top-ranking schools in the world.
Established in 1908, the HBS MBA program is among the toughest B-school to get into (second only to the Stanford MBA). Harvard gets the best applicants from within and outside the U.S. The students who receive admits are a very accomplished and ambitious lot.
The Harvard brand along with its high-quality curriculum through case-study method equips students with sufficient skills to achieve their goals. The class size is quite big with an intake of close to 900 students each year, divided into ten sections.
Harvard MBA Class Profile
A truly diverse student body — in background, nationality, interests and ambitions — is the foundation of the HBS experience.
The gender ratio is 59% :41% (Male:Female) with 35% international students. The average student is 27 years old.
The average GMAT score for Harvard (2016 class) was 730 with the scores ranging from 510-790.
Harvard MBA Admissions
The Acceptance Rate for the Harvard MBA is 12%. Out of 9543 applications that the Admissions office received, 935 were enrolled.
– A 4-year undergraduate degree
– Competitive GMAT / GRE scores,
– If your medium of education in college wasn’t in English, you’d need a TOEFL, iBT or IELTS score
– 2 Recommendations
– Interview + Post interview reflection (within 24 hours)
– Application fee of $250 [For the 2+2 course, the fee is reduced to $100]
Video | Experience the Harvard Case Study
From the Harvard Admissions Blog
- Round 1 Decisions
Tomorrow we will release the final decisions for Round 1. I know it’s hard to wait, particularly the last 24 hours! Let me suggest something unconventional: celebrate tonight before you know the outco … show more
A more personal note from me today. Yesterday, Dean Nitin Nohria, announced he will be stepping down at the end of this academic year after 10 years in the role. I’m grateful to count Dean Nohria as a … show more
- Round 1 next steps: Interviews and early release
Thanks to those of you who have applied to HBS in Round 1. We are humbled by your stories of impact and by your interest in HBS. On Tuesday, October 1 at 12:00 noon Eastern Time, each of you will rece … show more
- Class of 2021 – they're here!
The admissions team sits in a small building on the HBS campus called “Dillon House” surrounded by Chase Hall, one of the many residential dorms and apartments on campus. So we’ve had the chance to ca … show more
Harvard MBA in MBA Crystal Ball Articles
- Harvard Stanford vs Cambridge Oxford | Ivy league vs Oxbridge
- What to expect as a Harvard MBA student
- 16 things every Harvard Business School MBA student should know
- Harvard Business School interview questions and answer tips
- How business schools bring innovation to their classrooms