Harvard Business School
Harvard Business School
Boston, MA 02163
Harvard MBA in a nutshell
The Harvard Business School with a world-class campus in Boston, Massachusetts features on most of the applicant’s dream list because of its fantastic reputation and its prestigious list of alumni. It has constantly been among the top-ranking schools in the world.
Established in 1908, the HBS MBA program is among the toughest B-school to get into (second only to the Stanford MBA). Harvard gets the best applicants from within and outside the U.S. The students who receive admits are a very accomplished and ambitious lot.
The Harvard brand along with its high-quality curriculum through case-study method equips students with sufficient skills to achieve their goals. The class size is quite big with an intake of close to 900 students each year, divided into ten sections.
Harvard MBA Class Profile
A truly diverse student body — in background, nationality, interests and ambitions — is the foundation of the HBS experience.
The gender ratio is 59% :41% (Male:Female) with 35% international students. The average student is 27 years old.
The average GMAT score for Harvard (2016 class) was 730 with the scores ranging from 510-790.
Harvard MBA Admissions
The Acceptance Rate for the Harvard MBA is 12%. Out of 9543 applications that the Admissions office received, 935 were enrolled.
– A 4-year undergraduate degree
– Competitive GMAT / GRE scores,
– If your medium of education in college wasn’t in English, you’d need a TOEFL, iBT or IELTS score
– 2 Recommendations
– Interview + Post interview reflection (within 24 hours)
– Application fee of $250 [For the 2+2 course, the fee is reduced to $100]
Video | Experience the Harvard Case Study
From the Harvard Admissions Blog
- 2+2 next steps: Interviews and early release
Thank you to everyone who applied to HBS via the 2+2 program. We have enjoyed getting to know you and appreciate you opening up and sharing your personal stories. Tomorrow, June 24, at 12:00 noon East … show more
- Application for the Class of 2023 now open
We just opened our application for those applying to start at HBS in 2021. Our first application deadline is September 8th at Noon ET and our Round 2 deadline is January 5th at Noon ET. You can acces … show more
- Class of 2022 Deferral Update
As I shared in a post on 27 April 2020, we decided to allow incoming students in the Class of 2022 to defer their offer of enrollment, given the challenges and uncertainties they are facing in this un … show more
- 2+2 Deadline – June 1
Congratulations to all the college seniors out there! I know many of you have already celebrated graduation or it is right around the corner. What a remarkable accomplishment. Friendly reminder to all … show more
Harvard MBA in MBA Crystal Ball Articles
- What do Harvard MBA graduates do? How much do they make?
- Harvard Stanford vs Cambridge Oxford | Ivy league vs Oxbridge
- What to expect as a Harvard MBA student
- 16 things every Harvard Business School MBA student should know
- Harvard Business School interview questions and answer tips