While MBA Crystal Ball doesn't focus on the traditional Indian programs, many of the dejected ones approached us to know what they should do:
- Join a lower ranked college
- Try again next year
- Give up on the CAT and look at GMAT in a few years
1. If you think the lower ranked college would be able to get you the job you want, it may be worth exploring. IIMs grads aren't the only ones ruling the Indian corporate scene.
2. Did you put in your best shot this year, and missed the cutoffs by a big margin, then the results next year won't be drastically different. Accept the fact that the CAT isn't your cup of tea.
Don't make it an ego thing, just to gain society's approval.
3. After you've crossed out 1 and 2, take some time off from competitive exams and focus on what really matters - building your professional profile.
At the end of the day, it all comes down to answering that boring, annoying and confusing question that I wrote about a few days back.
Do you really need an MBA?