nikunjnike wrote:Hi MG,
Kindly evaluate my profile for ISB for applying this year (2012)
B.Tech in Electrical Engineering from NIT, Jaipur, 2007- 8.62 CGPA
10th Std- CBSE- 80.8%
12th Std- CBSE- 81.4%
GMAT SCORE- 640 (V34/Q44) AWA 4.5
My question is-
1. Since I know that my GMAT score is on lower side, should I apply for ISB this year before 15 Sept, 2012 in 1st session?
2. Should I re-write the GMAT before 30the November to try to improve my score and apply for 2nd session and not in 1st session.
3. Should I drop applying this year to study hard and have GMAT score above 700 to apply for next year?
Here are a the responses to your specific queries (thanks for asking specific questions instead of generic ones):
- If you are asking this question on the 5th Sept, I am assuming you do not have your essays ready. In that situation, I would not even dream let alone think of applying for R1!
- YES! R1 and R2 have a marginal impact on your selection chances - the only benefit is competition tends to be lesser. If you feel that this is not your best application, do not ever, for any school, apply in R1
- To be frank, if you cannot improve your GMAT score after a month of hard work, the incremental value of studying for another year is abysmally low! So my advice would be to go ahead and re-take your GMAT