Page 24 of 24

Re: ISB Forums | Hyderabad Mohali | Indian School of Busine

Posted: February 28th, 2016, 1:04 pm
by isbkid
Hi
Thanks for your fast response. I will explain the work that i am doing now. I am doing coding for 2 major companies . Handling websites technically. Doing customization of websites ,report generating using technical skills etc. Also i am doing interaction with clients some type of small marketing too. Is that enough ? please tell me about the importance that isb will give to this ?

I know that loans are there. But still one more question about scholarship. Is that purely based on profile or profile + financial background of student?

can you tell me the average salary package for an IT guy during placements take he choosing IT sector ?

Re: ISB Forums | Hyderabad Mohali | Indian School of Busine

Posted: February 29th, 2016, 6:39 pm
by mcb_mg
isbkid wrote:Hi
Thanks for your fast response. I will explain the work that i am doing now. I am doing coding for 2 major companies . Handling websites technically. Doing customization of websites ,report generating using technical skills etc. Also i am doing interaction with clients some type of small marketing too. Is that enough ? please tell me about the importance that isb will give to this ?

I know that loans are there. But still one more question about scholarship. Is that purely based on profile or profile + financial background of student?

can you tell me the average salary package for an IT guy during placements take he choosing IT sector ?


Tough to say if that's enough really for reasons mentioned here. One needs to get into the details of your work and achievements to really cull out the relevant details - not something we can do within the confines of this public forum.

Beyond the public data ISB publishes on its website for placements, don't really have anything to address your IT placements query I am afraid. Ditto for scholarship - rarely any school discloses the criteria for deciding it since there is not a one standard approach for it.

Cheers,

Re: ISB Forums | Hyderabad Mohali | Indian School of Busine

Posted: April 5th, 2016, 2:54 pm
by girishchennuri
Sir,

I am Girish, 28 year old working for the Farm equipment Industry (R&D, Gearbox Design Engineer) for 7 years now. Having worked in the R&D I am looking forward for opportunities in the business development team, marketing, branding. I have worked for India's best farm equiment manufacturer for 5 years and joined a service firm here (Austrian based) in the same division. My acads are not very stunning as I am not from any of the prime institutes. I did my Engineering in Automobile with 63% 12th with 78% and 10th with 70%. Now as I look forward for my career growth, kindly suggest what puts me into bigger roles. I am more worried for post MBA opportunities I will be able grab with the experience I have. Looking forward for he response.

Thanks Girish.

Re: ISB Forums | Hyderabad Mohali | Indian School of Busine

Posted: April 5th, 2016, 3:23 pm
by mcb_mg
girishchennuri wrote:Sir,

I am Girish, 28 year old working for the Farm equipment Industry (R&D, Gearbox Design Engineer) for 7 years now. Having worked in the R&D I am looking

<<snip>>

roles. I am more worried for post MBA opportunities I will be able grab with the experience I have. Looking forward for he response.

Thanks Girish.


Girish,

Consider the following points:
  1. The nature of your experience, especially in the services firm is not completely clear - is it still in the R&D space? It is also important to understand if you've had any leadership experience. These factors will determine the overall strength of your profile
  2. While academics and grades are important, you can overcome some handicap there through a strong profile and a great GMAT score.
  3. It is true that not many auto firms hire MBA candidates as the talent there is more home-grown. So if you are keen on sticking to the industry, it'll be better to work your way up the traditional way. If you are looking for options outside, then find out adjacent industries e.g. industrial/automation space in the B2B area, where your prior work still has relevance and then go for the MBA.
Hope this helps some

Cheers,

Re: ISB Forums | Hyderabad Mohali | Indian School of Busine

Posted: April 5th, 2016, 5:00 pm
by girishchennuri
Hi,

Thank you for this very quick reply. I am currently still on R&D role. The reportees however are specific to project that we do here. I am looking forward for 2 options:
1. Scope if i try to stick back to automotive industry.
2. Scope if I change the whole track.

Regards,
Girish.

Re: ISB Forums | Hyderabad Mohali | Indian School of Busine

Posted: April 5th, 2016, 6:54 pm
by mcb_mg
girishchennuri wrote:Hi,

Thank you for this very quick reply. I am currently still on R&D role. The reportees however are specific to project that we do here. I am looking forward for 2 options:
1. Scope if i try to stick back to automotive industry.
2. Scope if I change the whole track.

Regards,
Girish.
The question is larger than that and requires a more lengthy discussion. For instance, the choice depends on whether you are aiming only for ISB or international schools as well? And if you change track (pre or post MBA?), then you are likely to put a heavy discount on your experience. So am afraid it's not possible to answer this in isolation over the constraints of a forum such as this.