Before getting all starry-eyed about your career as an Ibanker, it's important to start with the basics. Here's
There is a lot of general information about Investment banking on US-focussed MBA websites. Very little is available from an Indian perspective.
So we got Mr Ibanker (he's currently attending a top MBA program) to share some of his wisdom with us. Here's a mini-series that you can use as a tutorial to get you started.
Investment Banking Tutorial
1. What is Investment Banking / Ibanking?
2. Ibanking: Coverage, Products & Advisory – Part I: Coverage
3. Ibanking: Coverage, Products & Advisory – Part II (a): Products
4. Coverage, Products & Advisory – Part II (b): Products
5. The Indian Investment Banking Market: Part I
6. The Indian Investment Banking Market: Part II – Asset & Structured Finance
7. Are MBA jobs in investment banking coming back?
If there's a good response to this, we'll try to contact Mr Ibanker and see if he's willing to get back to the forum to help out with reader queries.
Alrighty then, over to you. What do you want to know about investment banking?