This thread is for anyone interested in management consulting jobs. It'll be managed by Amit (find out why he's called - MBADropout), a management consultant.
Amit has been sharing insights about the consulting industry in our blog series. Here's a list of the recent posts:
Management Consulting 101
1. What is management consulting?
2. Types of management consulting jobs
3. Top 10 strategy consulting firms
4. Top 10 technology, HR, financial consulting firms
For your reference, here's a list of the best management consulting books.
Also read this: Is consulting the right career for me?
The focus of this thread is two-fold:
- Profile evaluation for consulting jobs
- Wondering if you can manage a career transition from IT to management consulting without MBA?
- Curious to know about the pre-requisites to get consulting jobs?
- Keen on knowing about consulting salaries? Amit is your man.
Share your details as suggested by Amit (in the post below) and he'd be able to share his thoughts.
- Polishing your consulting skills.
If there is interest, Amit can share mini problems (hypothetical business cases, guesstimation problems, general brain-teasers). We'd like to see if you can come up with answers that'll make the partner of a consulting firm proud. But we'll take this up only if you request us for it.
Even if you have no exposure to the field or fear that your analytical abilities are limited, give them a shot. Practice makes perfect.