Free Career Counselling Online | Indian candidates

Got queries about your current job or career plans?

Moderator: MBACrystalBall

Re: Free Career Counselling Online | Indian candidates

Postby MBACrystalBall » September 21st, 2016, 6:37 pm

abhijitigit21 wrote:At the outset, let me first congratulate you and MG for the wonderful work you are doing at MCB.

Thanks, Abhijit. Good to see you coming online and breaking your silence after 1 year of joining the forum.

abhijitigit21 wrote:Will IIM-A/L be suitable for me as the average work ex. Is higher as compared to IIM-B/C/ISB ?

Yes, for the reasons you've already shared, those programs will fit better. But there's a catch. See the next point.

abhijitigit21 wrote:I am wondering if an MBA would add value to my profile to make it more generic and diversified to switch to other industry majorly in manufacturing/supply chain/operations domain ?

Ironically, though you won't need a work permit in India (vis-a-vis abroad), managing a career switch in India is tougher than in other countries.

That's because the concept of lateral hiring isn't mainstream yet. Which is what prompted us to write this article:
http://www.mbacrystalball.com/blog/2015 ... mba-india/
Sameer Kamat | Founder
Connect on Twitter @mba_cb | Facebook | Email: info [at] mbacrystalball [dot] com

Want a reality check?
Share your details for a Free Profile Evaluation.
MBACrystalBall

Previous

Return to MBA Jobs & Careers