Business Plan FAQ: What is it and how to create one?
Written by Sameer Kamat
When you start your MBA program, you’ll probably have to create (or review or study) a business plan. It might be a mandatory exercise because it’s part of a graded assignment. Or it might be part of a MBA business plan competition sponsored by your friendly neighbourhood consulting firm. If you think you’ll never have to create one for yourself, it may still be a good idea to get your hands dirty right now, even before you step into a b-school.
Why should you start working on a business plan now?
When you are in B-school, everything will happen at such a breakneck speed that you will not have time to digest many of the important lessons. So start the learning process right now, when you’ve got more timeLearn More
Silent MBA candidate = Oxymoron?
Written by Sameer Kamat
‘I’ve been a silent reader of your posts for a very long time.’
Déjà vu? This line would sound familiar be if you’ve been spending time on our discussion threads. Free MBA advice rocks! And we know many of you like what we’ve been doing on the MBA discussion forums. But there aren’t many who come forward to introduce themselves and say ‘Hi, love your work guys’.
If you fear that our meter will start ticking instantly then fikar naat, dear friend. Like we keep saying, apna business model is not completely driven by ticking meters and ticked-off candidates. We do not have a ‘Trespassers will have their bank accounts milked dry’ sign-board hanging outside our office.
We like hearing fromLearn More
Contact MBA Crystal Ball
Connect with Sameer on Twitter
Must-read MBA Book
- Subhajit Chandra on Career Counselling: How to deal with a mid-life career crisis -"Hi Sameer, I am 7yrs experienced graphics web designer, age 34, eff..."
- shiv on Manchester Business School MBA or Indiana Kelley MBA? -"hi sameer , can you tell if the msc in international business and ma..."
- monish kumar on GMAT vs CAT Differences -"Hi, First of all It is a very beneficial forum, all i am worried abou..."
- priyanka on Tepper School of Business Carnegie Mellon MBA on your list? -"Congos Ritwik :)..."
- Sameer Kamat on MBA applications: FAQ regarding voluntary career breaks -"@Neha: Hope you are recovering well. Seems like you are going through ..."
Freebies for you
- Free GMAT practice test
- Free profile evaluation
- Free career counselling
- Free GMAT prep advice