Human Resource Management: HR Jobs and Careers – 2

Written by Sameer Kamat

Jobs in Human Resource Management can literally give you the power to control the careers of hundreds or even thousands of employees.

Hari Raghavachari started a 2-part series add some clarity to the field of Human Resources (HR).

Part 1: Human Resource Careers: Scope, roles, responsibility of HR Jobs
Part 2: HR Jobs: How to get them? Qualifications & personal qualities

Here’s the second part.

HR Jobs - Careers in Human resources management

Careers in Human Resource Management (HR Jobs)

Part 2: HR Jobs: How to get them? Qualifications & personal qualities

How to get an HR job?

The two most common entry routes to an HR career are:

– Undergraduate or (in India) an MBA or Masters in HR –> followed by either a functional entry or into an HR specific Leadership Development Program (LDP). You would enter at notch or two below manager level and work your way up.

– Mid-career transition into HR –> in the context of someone’s career development towards senior business roles, or a full transition into HR. Many HR managers / directors would have transition mid-career into HR from other functions in the organization, like finance, operations, or marketing & sales.

Most MNCs will have a healthy mix of the two.

So what could a human resource management (HR) career look like?

For the purposes of this blog, I’ll stay with the scenario of an MNC.

With few exceptions like some company’s Global HR Leadership Development Program (LDP) where one might have an early career international assignment / rotation, most HR careers in MNCs start out local. You would normally have to go through early career rotational positions in administration, employee relations and IT platforms / L&D; with some companies offering business partner assignments at a junior level.

It would take between 5-7 years for you to be considered for mid/senior and potentially international HR roles in any of the above sub-functional areas. In this period, you will have achieved or acquired competence and skills in a combination of the below areas, all underpinned by a solid understanding of your business & industry:

– Professional expertise in at least one area (except administration), with strong knowledge of another; perhaps with some time leading a small group of people. Example – you have specific and applicable experience in the area of mid-senior management recruiting, compensation and retention.

– You are an authority on corporate HR practice, organizational strategy. Example – you are an expert in running corporate / regional LDPs, and could potentially be considered a candidate to run a Global LDP; alternatively – you could be considered for a business partner role in a centralized or center –led global function like Strategic Procurement

– Solid experience in HR led projects or Business initiatives. Example – you have contributed to / led a major HR Information System upgrade for the local subsidiary of the company; or have successfully managed the HR aspects of integration of a major acquisition (including sensitive areas like employee retention or termination when that needs to happen).

Achieving a combination or all of the above is necessary for the visibility required amongst the senior people who evaluate you for global / corporate / partnering roles in HR.

Going further – your career could go one of several ways:

– Senior HR and leadership roles within your companies
– With professional qualifications through your career, into Organizational Consulting
– Executive Recruiting

Options are wide… but like any other career, you’d need to work your way up!

So what sort of a person do you need to be?

Aside from all of the functional and leadership skills for the role, good to great HR people have a certain personality that lends itself easily to HR. The GM of HR in the company I joined at 22, said two things were most important for HR people to have – a sense of humor, and a very thick skin! 14 years of experience later, innumerable interactions (& some unpleasant runs-in :-)) with HR colleagues – I couldn’t agree more.

Alongside skills and personality, you need to be viewed by ALL your co-workers as a sensitive, empathetic yet appropriately assertive leader, and a flawless communicator. HR people are the least understood (therefore often least liked) people in an organization because they’re seen as the messengers and executors of (nearly always unpopular) change – you wouldn’t be jealous of an HR Director when he/she runs an organizational restructuring or job/role/compensation recalibration program.

They hold sensitive and confidential information about employees (compensation and performance reports). They are aware of organizational politics, generally not a pleasant experience. It makes their role in the company inherently secretive, as they have to be extremely careful about what they speak, to whom they, when, why and how! They can’t blab, which sometimes goes against human nature :-). Most of their co-workers will NOT have the maturity to understand, and that’s what makes HR so poorly understood!

Bottom-line – you need to strike the balance in maintaining the relationship with your colleagues, while not losing sight of how sensitive what you know really is. It takes time to build this skill.

After all of that, what does education in / for the field look like?

To start a career at the administrative levels, a degree is pretty much enough. But this blog is intended for career aspirants, so the below would cater to those.

There’s no specific undergraduate degree necessary to start a career in HR – period. However, most large companies in India prefer to recruit their HR staff from business or specialist schools offering specific PG or Master’s or MBAs with specific electives in HR. To enter as HR associate, the path of least resistance would be to aim for one of the Top 10-15 schools in India, where all of the major corporate houses recruit (entry level or lateral) – the IIMs, JBIMS, MDI, IMT, SPJ, FMS, XL, TISS, NMIMS….

There’re many who ask me about going abroad for specialized Masters in HR or similar education. Unless you’re very sure that there’s a job waiting for and / or you can afford the attendance costs – this is not a good idea. As previously mentioned, HR is an enabling and fairly local function from early to mid-career levels. It requires a strong understanding of local culture, including native fluency with the local language. Like marketing and similarly culture oriented functions, HR recruiting at the early career levels in any market would prefer local talent.

You need think very carefully about what you bring to the table to compete with the local talent. You “could” come back to India immediately, but would you be able to compete again with Indians who did their Masters / MBA in India, and are preferred by companies recruiting for their Indian operations? Chances are low, therefore wouldn’t your expensive foreign education towards an HR career be a waste?

To conclude

An HR career can be fulfilling and rewarding, but you need to take the long term view on how you’re going to get there. I hope this blog post offers you an independent perspective on what you will see in this career, and how you can plan it.

Next post: Hari continues the series to explore another interesting career option

New here? See what you missed from the Big Daddy list of >> MBA, GMAT & Career Articles

About Sameer Kamat

Founder of MBA Crystal Ball | Author of Beyond The MBA Hype & Business Doctors Connect with me on Google+ | Twitter @mba_cb | Facebook

1. t. devi ratnam   |  Sunday, 31 March 2013 at 6:26 am

i had completed my bba and now im pursuing my mba 2nd sem what i shoud choose as my major paper finance or hr

2. Sameer Kamat   |  Tuesday, 02 April 2013 at 1:05 pm

@Devi: It would be incorrect for you to ask complete strangers about your specialisation choice when they have no idea about your interests and aptitude. Think about which field you enjoy more and make your choice.

3. Pallavi   |  Friday, 19 April 2013 at 6:16 pm

Actually I completd my mba in hr…bt iam finding difficulty in gettin job…kindly suggest me solution for the same.

4. Sameer Kamat   |  Sunday, 21 April 2013 at 7:03 am

@Pallavi: I’m afraid we can help you with that. You’d have to keep reaching out to the right companies to see if they have relevant openings that match your profile and interest.

5. keerthana   |  Thursday, 02 May 2013 at 2:10 pm

hello sir,
    I have completed my engineering in electronics and communications from andhra pradesh. I want to pursue m.b.a specially in human resources management . is it a good idea? which stream would be useful to me? i’m a communicative person and social. I have leadership skills and I have the experience of being the student president of our college for he past four years(mentioned that just to acknowledge dat I’m a good leader).plz suggest the suitable program for me considering my technical backfround and my interest which dont exactly match . im very confused

6. meera   |  Monday, 06 May 2013 at 9:42 am

hello sir,
    I am going to complete MBA(HR&IT) in June 2013.kindly name those companies hiring HR fresher.

Thanks & regards
    Meera

7. sonali   |  Tuesday, 07 May 2013 at 1:23 pm

hello sir,
    actually i m doing my bcom.computers 3rd year n i have completed my company secretary 1st level n learng for my second level… bt after my degree i want to do mba in hr..so is hr the right choice for my career?? or shld i try for mba finance..my interest is hr..so can u please tell me more details about hr as in career..

8. Sameer Kamat   |  Tuesday, 14 May 2013 at 3:32 pm

@Keerthana: The qualities you’ve listed are well-aligned for an HR role. I’m not sure about your work experience. If it falls within the range for international MBA programs (assuming that’s what you are targetting), do you research on specific websites and then take a call.

@Meera: Sorry, can’t help with that query.

@Sonali: Given the confusion, I’d suggest not jumping into an MBA so soon. Get some work experience and when you gain more clarity about your long-term career plans, then take a call.

9. ahmad nadeem   |  Friday, 24 May 2013 at 11:06 am

sir i have completed b.com i want make carrer in hr .but i want do job also .i want done mba distance learning.how i get job in hr .is without mba any chance to get job in hr department.

10. Sameer Jade   |  Thursday, 06 June 2013 at 6:31 pm

I am presently working in the US and my fiance is planning to come to US on a dependent visa. She has done MBA in HR after her bachelors in mechanical engineering. She has worked in the HR industry for roughly an year. Could you please tell what her options are for working in HR in US with an MBA(HR) from India. Do the SHRM certification courses help? As far as I have heard, it is very difficult to get a job on dependent visa and that too with a degree from outside of the US. Would you recommend her to study some course/degree in order to be in a position to get a job?
    Your comments are much appreciated.

Sameer

11. ANUJ   |  Friday, 07 June 2013 at 9:20 pm

Sir,
    I hav just completed my bca & now I want to do mba with hr & I hav the leader skills so plz could u suggest me that it is ok for me or not

12. Sameer Kamat   |  Thursday, 13 June 2013 at 5:22 pm

@Ahmad: Sure, you can get an HR job without an MBA, if you can demonstrate your aptitude for it.

@sameer: The opportunities are pretty much the same in terms of variety. However, considering the significant overlap that HR has with the local culture, the list will get reduced. But HR offers a whole lot of analytical work as well (compensation stucture designing, designation mapping etc). She could explore those.

@Anuj: Very open-ended query, bro. You’ll have to take a call on whether you have a interest in the field.

13. winnie   |  Monday, 17 June 2013 at 3:19 pm

hello,

i have done MBA with HR as major specialization i have worked for 3yrs in an RPO and left the job due to personal reasons i want to restart my career now that too in abroad and please let me know which consultancy can i approach for further information.

14. Aisha   |  Tuesday, 02 July 2013 at 3:54 am

Thanks for such an informative article indeed.
    I am a software engineer with a total working experience of about 6 years. I have been working with pre-sales & sales for the last 2 years. I want to move to a HR profile but i do not have an MBA for the same. But i am sure of my skills and the attitude to make it. Can you please suggest how should i look for jobs in HR area in India.

15. RANJU   |  Saturday, 13 July 2013 at 9:45 am

” Sir ” i have 3 YEARS experience IN ACCOUNTS sector . I am completed BBM and Indian and foreign accounting. Now i am going to do Mba….. Which sector best for me FINANCE OR HR

MBA finance or Hr which one easiest … i want do that one

16. Sameer Kamat   |  Saturday, 13 July 2013 at 12:59 pm

@Winnie and Aisha: Sorry, we can’t help with job placements. Try approaching placement agencies and companies directly.

@ Ranju: No offense meant, but that’s the most ineffective (and dangerous) way of choosing a specialisation. I’d suggest not going for an MBA at this stage. Work for a few years to get an idea of what you want to do and where your interests lie. Take a call after that. Don’t end up with a paper degree. Read Beyond the MBA Hype. It’ll serve as a good reality check.

17. Shalini   |  Tuesday, 16 July 2013 at 12:22 pm

Hi sir..Am working for a small firm as HR&admin in Bangalore…I have done B.A..I dont have much idea in this field..Can u guide me in brief about the course which i need to do for future job prospects..Thanks in advance..

18. Sumetha   |  Wednesday, 17 July 2013 at 9:53 am

Doing MBA HR & Systems is waste. Go for MBA Finance and HR. HR requires experience to perfect and aim for big package. But where as big companies are always willing to take up finance students no matter what they experienced. Freshers has got scope to get into companies at any stage.

19. Deb   |  Sunday, 28 July 2013 at 2:51 pm

Sameer,
    This is one of the best-written articles I have come across on the subject of how to get into an HR role. The author has done a good job of listing the competencies required to consider a mid-career transition into an HR role. I have about 7 years of work experience but have not really played any of the roles that could potentially make me a suitable candidate for a mid-career transition (I have primarily been a consultant for IT Project and Portfolio Management solutions). Given this background, I would like to know how common it is to opt for an MBA in HR in India with 7 years of experience? Is it a worthwhile option to explore if I have a desire to get into organizational consulting(I am assuming I have some understanding of the term)? How do India’s premier HR schools view such candidates? How do potential recruiters view such candidates (post an HR degree)? Would appreciate if you can help me with some insights.
    Deb

20. Sameer Kamat   |  Saturday, 03 August 2013 at 8:21 pm

Deb: Hari (the author of this article) will be happy to hear your feedback. Folks consider an MBA to manage transitions like you have in mind. So, if you can use the MBA to fill in the gaps and get closer to your target roles, that may be a good option. In India, lateral career change isn’t as common as it is abroad though.

21. Archana   |  Tuesday, 06 August 2013 at 5:20 am

My husband will be moving to Louisiana in 6 months. I have done my UG in mechanical engineering worked for a while and then did my MBA in HR. I have 1 year experience in the HR domain. For a job in the HR field in the US will this be enough or do i need to get an additional certification like a PHR, or is there anything else which may be needed?
    Looking forward to your response.
    Archana

22. Sameer Kamat   |  Friday, 09 August 2013 at 3:35 pm

Archana: The experience is relatively less. If you can convince employers that you’d be an (caution: dipping into the HR jargon) asset to their organisation, you might have some luck.

The other thing you’d also need to figure out is work permit policies and processes for those on dependent visas.

23. Prashmi Khanna   |  Monday, 19 August 2013 at 8:41 pm

I am currently doing my IT engineering from the University of Pune and am in my fourth year now. I am not very inclined towards IT and would really want to pursue my career in HR. Should i do an MBA in HR right after i finish my BE? Or are there firms that hire freshers for the HR field considering work -ex is an added virtue. I really want to get into this field. I don’t know how to go about it as i am a fresher in BE(IT) which is not a perfect pre requisite for an HR-job.
    Please help !
    Thanks .

24. Sameer Kamat   |  Friday, 23 August 2013 at 11:14 am

Prashmi: You could try applying for HR jobs directly. No harm in trying your luck. Why invest in another degree if you are starting at a junior level anyway.

25. shekhar   |  Wednesday, 11 September 2013 at 11:32 am

Hello,

I have just completed my MBA, HR from Sikkim Manipal University, distance (due to financial constraint I have to do it from here) but am really finding it difficult to get a job other than consultancy which i do not like to do am currently in looking job in my home state West Bengal and around India but there is no job here atleast for me, every one is just interviewing me and saying that they will get back to me and believe me All interviews are quite successful as per my knowledge! and in India people are not offering me any job because of my poor education pattern although none knows that we actually given online exams both descriptive and objective that too within 2 hours!

Back to the point ( what is in offer for me is either sales job and am seeing the salary for Hr is general is too poor it never goes beyong 2 lakh for executive upto 4 hours of exposure)

Please suggest what should I do ??

try recruitment consultancy ?its night mare for me!

please suggest how to apply and where to I have my resumes in naukri, monster, timesjobs and almost all prominient job sites even you can know alotmore about me if you google

Please help with a guide @shekharmahapatra@gmail.com

26. Volga   |  Thursday, 12 September 2013 at 5:10 pm

Hi Sir,
    I have done Engineering in Electronics and Communication and MBA in HR. I have right attitude towards business and people management. I believe that i got good management skills. But i am not able to find a good job with decent pay. There are no good openings in current market. And if there is vacancy they are asking experience. Being a well qualified with much of talent I am hesitate to work for less pay. What I will do sir? Where I can find a good job?

27. Sameer Kamat   |  Saturday, 21 September 2013 at 8:34 pm

@Shekhar: Rather than waiting for the dream job, take up any decent option in hand. Experience will get you better jobs in due course.

@Volga: The advice for Shekhar (see above) applies to your case as well. The first job will never be the most memorable. Use it as a stepping stone for better opportunities.

28. Neha   |  Wednesday, 25 September 2013 at 9:12 am

Hi Sir,
    I am working in administrative office of a private school and have an experience of 7 years. While working I have completed MBA in HR from Annamalai University through distance learning.
    Now I want to change my job and get into the HR field. I am confused as because currently i am in a permanent position and if I change my job then whether it will be a right decision or not?
    Kindly suggest what to do? Should I continue with this job or search another and where to apply and in which sector?

29. Pooja   |  Monday, 11 November 2013 at 3:19 pm

I have done my MBA (Finance) with a degree in BE (Electronics). I have also worked for MOSL as an equity advisor for approx. 2 years. I had to take a break for up to 2 years for family reasons. However now i want to get back to the corporate world. Please advice as to how i can switch careers to HR as i am really inclined towards it.

Do I need to take up an additional short term course or can i apply as it is?

Please advice.

Thanks Pooja.

30. Bindu   |  Tuesday, 03 December 2013 at 6:35 am

I am an IT professional having experience of 5 years in technical field and a computer engineer. Since long i want to pursue my career in HR but due to some unavoidable circumstances i couldn’t.

Request you to please guide me that after having this much experience in technical field is this prudent to switch my career now ?

Please suggest.

Bindu

31. Nain   |  Tuesday, 10 December 2013 at 6:34 am

hellow sir. You seem to be very intelligent!

32. Sameer Kamat   |  Tuesday, 17 December 2013 at 5:32 pm

@Neha: You’d probably have to start scratch as you don’t have experience in the field.

@Pooja: If you are willing to work in junior roles, you could check with some of the corporates or head-hunting companies.

@Bindu: It’s pretty common for experienced MBA students to switch tracks completely. If you can do that without an expensive degree, into a field that you love, you’d be lucky. But be aware that the salary and responsibilities may not be what you expect in the initial years.

@Nain: Please do not make such allegations unless you have solid proof.

33. ANIL LAWRENCE DSILVA   |  Saturday, 21 December 2013 at 12:31 pm

Hi im anil i planned to do msw in hr.. after finishing my study… can i try in us

34. Kanikka   |  Saturday, 04 January 2014 at 6:24 pm

Hi
    I have 7 years of experience in IT industry and I am pursuing Executive MBA. I would be taking electives in HR and IT. I dont want to continue in IT so I wanted to shift in HR. After 7 years of experience will I get a job for HR at a senior position in say Recruitment for IT people.. what options can I have in HR? Thanks Plz reply

35. Sameer Kamat   |  Monday, 06 January 2014 at 4:56 pm

@Anil: Apart from capitalising the first letter, you’ve given step motherly treatment to all the other acronyms. So it’s difficult to know what you are asking. I don’t know what you mean by msw.

@Kanikka: I’d have wished that you did your homework about choosing the electives and goals before starting the program. It’s a little late to be changing directions now. So you’d better stop worrying about things and start working towards getting a good job.
    As you are a career changer, be flexible. Don’t expect recruiters to give you goodies right on the first day of work.
    Be modest in your expectations in whichever company you join and in whatever flavour of HR (recruitment, compensation, training & development). Show them that you can deliver. Then think about senior positions.

36. Bipin   |  Wednesday, 08 January 2014 at 3:17 pm

hai sir
    i have done mba in hr. it’s been 6 months now that i cant get a job and i m terribly disappointed and i dont know how to make a start for my career. I m really in need of a job….i would like to know whether i should do any extra courses to increase my efficiency..m in a very bad and tough condition…kindly help me out..

37. Sajitha   |  Thursday, 09 January 2014 at 11:35 am

Hello! I am looking for some advice here. I am currently in the process of working towards a career change to HR , specifically to L&D. I have 10 years of experience in IT. At the time of quitting I was a Project Manager for a team of 20 members. My forte were Team Management, Client Management, member development, Training, mentoring among others. I decided to take a break to pursue Training as a full time career as that is my passion. I aspire to be a part of an Mnc’s L&D team than freelancing. I am a graduate (BSc) and do not have a PG. I am currently doing Post Graduate Certification in HRM from Xlri. I would like to know what prospects I have. Any advice as to how I should go about applying for a job will be much appreciated. I had a very good reputation with my last employer so can I start there, or will that put them in a spot?

Thanks!
    Sajitha
    (Typed on a mobile, please pardon typos)

38. rina   |  Thursday, 23 January 2014 at 7:37 am

I have done mba hr in Oct 2013.but still i am searching job and not getting .i m really disappointed.pls advise

39. akshay toplay   |  Thursday, 06 February 2014 at 6:27 pm

Sir i am interested in pursuing MBA in HR..,currently i am pursing b.com from BHU.. i would like to know about the scope of doing MBA in HR from XISS ranchi..

40. anjani shukla   |  Thursday, 20 February 2014 at 5:37 am

Hello sir…
    I have done b.com..now i m confused for future study planning ..plz suggest me best course for me

41. Ranjith   |  Saturday, 01 March 2014 at 12:19 pm

Sir currently I’m pursuing bca and my future scope is to study for HR. But many are telling that doing an mba in hr is not that worth than doing it in MSW-HR so could you please suggest me to go through which course as the former is need of a heavy pocket but the latter doesn’t

42. Debabrata   |  Monday, 03 March 2014 at 11:11 am

Sir, I have recently completed my graduation (BBA LLB). I am planning to go for MBA in hr. I would like to know would it be better to do it from India or abroad, also if abroad which countries should I go for. And what’s the job scenario for HR in European countries. Kindly guide me.
    Thanking you
    Debabrata

43. AMIT PATEL   |  Thursday, 06 March 2014 at 8:40 am

hello sir,
    i have been completed my mba-hr in october 2013 now i am doing a back office job in insurance company.
    is there any chance to get a hr related job? if yes , pls tell me sir if you have

thanks very much sir…

44. AMIT PATEL   |  Thursday, 06 March 2014 at 8:49 am

45. Neela   |  Sunday, 16 March 2014 at 5:34 pm

Hi

Im Neela pursuing Masters in HRD at NC State University. What are the chances for Indians to get a job in HR after completing Masters.
    I have heard that there are no chances of Indians getting a job in HR as the US residents are preferred more over Indians . Is this true?

Neela

46. Yesha   |  Wednesday, 19 March 2014 at 6:50 pm

Hello sir,
    I am pursuing my final year in B.A. Psychology honours with economics, political science , psychology and English as my subjects. I applied for a course in the Univsrsity of Birmingham, London. The course is MSc in Human Resource Management and got a conditional offer from the university. Before taking any step or decision, I want your help.. Is this the right option? What is the scope of this field if I plan to come back to India after my postgraduate.
    Please help me sir in taking a wise decision.

47. sujithkannan   |  Thursday, 27 March 2014 at 12:38 pm

hi
    sir I have completed ug in Mechanical and working in service field for 2 years. Now I’m doing mba in hr in distance education . Will this help me in getting in to hr steam. please advice

48. Lakshmi   |  Monday, 31 March 2014 at 5:24 pm

I am Lakshmi, I have done my MBA in HR/Finance in 2007 from a normal college. I worked as a recruiter for about an year and due to my family life i had to give up my job. Now i want to get back to my Career, so can i have some guidance from you as how can i proceed regarding this. I am interested in Payroll, so can i take up any payroll courses and if so will i get opportunities being a fresher again….Kindly guide me regarding this.

Waiting for ur reply…

49. Shelma   |  Friday, 04 April 2014 at 8:46 am

I have completed MBA in HR and have 6 years of experience. Can yo help me to find a better job?

50. venkat   |  Monday, 21 April 2014 at 3:43 am

Hi Sir i have total of 10yrs IT support exp and now i am thinking of changing from IT to diff may be to HR or any other files can you pls suggest if i do MBA HR now can i good opportunities….how will it be in long term……if you see in support as system admin its very diff like for every 3-6 months keep getting new technologies and lot more…..how is MBA HR or MBA project management jobs,,,how is growth in future please guide

51. Sanjivni   |  Friday, 25 April 2014 at 4:44 pm

Hello Sir,
    I need your help. I am currently doing BMS (first year) from University of Delhi. I am supposed to choose a major subject this sem and i am unable to decide which subject should i opt for. I am confused between HR and Marketing.

52. Sanjivni   |  Friday, 25 April 2014 at 4:52 pm

i know its all about interest but being a fresher and that too from science stream i have no clue how i ended up in management but since now i am pursuing it so i wish to make an informed choice. I have a creative bent of mind and i recently got awarded the ‘best marketer’ but my family ( -_- ) feels that hr is the best option for girls and so i must opt for hr. i have no problem with that but i just need to make sure that there is enough scope and i am making the right choice.

53. Nivedita Jha   |  Monday, 28 April 2014 at 1:10 pm

I have done MBA in HR and right now working with a consulting firm as an HR Executive. I am handling end to end recruitment. I want to get job in abroad. Should i join some courses?? Please suggest me..

54. soumya   |  Wednesday, 30 April 2014 at 4:30 pm

sir,
    i really need your help. i have completed my degree in BA English language and literature and now i want to do MBA in HR & operation management. is that a good course for me? should i have to take HR & finance instead of HR & operations. pls…. guide me

55. rani   |  Saturday, 03 May 2014 at 10:59 am

hi,
    i did mba hr with marketing 5yrs ago i dint work any where becoz of som heslth probs now want to do job pls giv suggestions how to get a job?

56. eureka   |  Saturday, 10 May 2014 at 5:02 am

hello sir,
    I am a BSc Graduate. I want to percieve MBA in human resource. I would apperiate if you would help me understand job prospects after completing this degree as I dont have much background in this field and i would like to work aboard. I was thinking of opting for distant learning as I am presently work. I would appreciate if you would advace me in this aspect..

57. Vnalla   |  Saturday, 10 May 2014 at 5:37 am

Hello Sir,
    I completed my MBA in 2004 with HRM and Systems specialisations.It’s been 10 Years I completed my MBA.Can you please advice me how to start searching jobs and where can find jobs related to my qualification.

Vnalla.

58. Prachi Rana   |  Tuesday, 13 May 2014 at 5:51 pm

Hello sir,
    I m pursuing MBA in hr through distance learning and I resigned my job recently which was an office assistant cum accountant. I m very good in accounts but now I fill that I have to do a job which is related to my MBA hr.
    But sir when I research about to looking hr executives jobs I found it takes more years to get experience so what now I have to do????
    Please advice me as soon as possible.

59. niranjan   |  Wednesday, 28 May 2014 at 10:07 am

Sir,
    i have completed bcom in finance but have no idea what sort of jobs ahould i work on .please help me out

60. Pooja   |  Wednesday, 02 July 2014 at 11:06 am

Hello Sir,

I have completed my Engineering in Computer Science. I am planning my MBA in HR as I feel this field suits my Interest. I am taking 1 yr gap for facing all my entrance exams and also planning to have some work experience. I have 2 ques:

1. Will doing job of Principal in an International School( I already have an offer) be considered as my work experience or do i need to have co-operate experience only?

2. MBA in abroad or India will b better?

Waiting for your reply.

Pooja

61. Ayisha Firdose   |  Monday, 07 July 2014 at 4:38 pm

hello sir,
    am ayisha studying bbm final year…am interested in choosing hr as specialization bt my class boys are afraid abt hr ,they are telling that hr suits only to girls…for their ignorance we cant able to take hr…cause my mam telling us to choose only one specialization to whole class …give any suggestions plz

62. Usha   |  Friday, 18 July 2014 at 3:56 am

Hello sir,
    I completed my Engineering with Electronics and communication stream, and know i am gonna my MBA in a engineering college and my chioice is to choose Finance and HR.. but i am not aware of finance, accounts, commerce etc., will it be difficult for me to cope up with finance and accounts.( i secured 85% in my UG). what should i do to overcome such kinda difficulties..? and what skills must be developed by an HR professional to get placed in a reputated companies..? suggest me pls

63. Nikita Mathew   |  Saturday, 19 July 2014 at 6:56 am

Sir,
    Can I do post graduation in Human Resources Management after Bachelors in English language and literature. ??? Will it be tough for me without an accounting base?

64. ishiqa   |  Thursday, 24 July 2014 at 2:19 pm

Hello Sir,
    i just done my MBA (Hr), from symbiosis through dl. Sir, now i am so confused about my career, actually i cannot select my job field. Can u please help me out, which field will be good for me.

65. Rakhi   |  Saturday, 26 July 2014 at 3:10 am

Hello sir,
    Thnaks for the information, will u please guide me I have done mba marketing ,but because of marriage n kids I was at home couldn’t join and was sitting at home , so was just thinking can I take hr job being a mba marketing , if yes , is there any course which I need to do before joining .
    Thanks in advance

66. Jess   |  Thursday, 07 August 2014 at 7:52 pm

Hello Sir,
    I have more than 3 years of experience in I.T (software programming). I want to move to HR. I have few queries. Can I get a job without having any prior experience in HR.
    I don’t want to go for regular MBA in HR due to some constraints. I’m thinking to go for TISS’s executive PGD in HR but I do I need to have experience in HR before going for executive PGD in HR. Please guide.
    Thanks.

67. kavi   |  Monday, 11 August 2014 at 10:57 am

hi… i m planning for mba through distance education… but I dnt hv work experience… i want to know job opportunities

68. sunil   |  Thursday, 14 August 2014 at 12:08 pm

69. kiran   |  Friday, 15 August 2014 at 12:01 pm

now i just compited master of social work and i want to do mba in usa so it good for me n what the job opportunity over their for mba hr give me advise

70. shweta   |  Saturday, 23 August 2014 at 4:43 pm

hello,
    I have done my M.SC in dietetics and food service management from ignou. now i have completed my MBA in HR from utkal university. i had been working as a nutritionist for the last 10 yrs. now i want to explore with this mba degree. Plz let me know what should i do . Should i start my career again from the grassroot level? I am finding problem in joining any good company with my professional experience . plz help me out.

thanks

71. rahul godara   |  Sunday, 24 August 2014 at 9:57 am

hello sir,
    i am in Australia and i am confused with what profession i should go with in business like mba or hrm.
    i want to complete my studies in here and want to go back to India.
    what are the future possibilities in India after doing my masters in Australia.
    Or i should take some years experience in here after completing my master from here.
    please suggest some thing. I am very much confused.

72. sneha   |  Sunday, 24 August 2014 at 11:41 am

sir,
    i hv completed my graduation in bscit im in first year of mba please suggest mi specialization im confused in hr n marketing,operations…in which field the scope and more and salary

73. shivani   |  Wednesday, 27 August 2014 at 6:47 am

Mine would be most bizzare and irrelevant transition to hr (if it happens)..I have a masters In ib.. .working experience of 4 years and 6 years experience academics (have taught hr)..interested in shift to hr..cud u advice what type if companies shud I focus..n do companies take profiles like me or jot

74. Komal   |  Thursday, 04 September 2014 at 6:12 am

Hello Sir,
    I have done MBA in Human Resources and have 1 year experience in IT Recruitment with a staffing company. now i want to go for executive and operations profile in HR. Kindly guide me for the same and also put some light on the other careers available in the same field. Please guide.

75. Sai   |  Saturday, 06 September 2014 at 11:00 am

Hello sir..
    I am post graduate dentist and would like to know whether doing courses like executive diploma in HRM from XLRI would help me in future job prospects if i am looking to expand my career opportunities and also what are the job opportunities available after doing such courses…

Thank you.

76. pankaj   |  Monday, 08 September 2014 at 6:13 pm

Hi Sir/Mam- i have done Diploma in Hotel Managment and also have CCS University Degree(B.A.-Private).L have experince of Front office Associate for 1 yr. I am going to MBA in HR from Amity University Distance Learning. I dont want to work in Hotel,i m intersted to get a job in HR in any MNC.
    couid you tell me that after finishing this course i will get job in HR.

Please reply

77. Sunanda   |  Tuesday, 23 September 2014 at 9:14 am

Hello Sir

I have Completed My Post Graduation in HR (M.H. R. M.) . Present I am working In One Private Limited Company as a HR.
    I am getting very low pay from there. When i was joining in this cpmpany i know the pay pack is very low. But i consider as it may usefull for experience so . This is very best to learn in this feild . But at present now i want to go for better opportunity. So kindly guide me.

With Regards
    Sunanda.

78. Manpreet   |  Sunday, 28 September 2014 at 8:56 am

Hello sir
    I have done b.a(hons) and then b.ed and now i am
    Planning to do HRM from canada..
    Will it help mee to get better job in india
    And After HRM do i need to study anything more ?
    Plzzz suggest mee

79. Deepa   |  Monday, 29 September 2014 at 7:59 am

Hi Sameer.. Thank you so much for sharing this much of info about a HR field. Am very thankfull to you. Am doin my MBA courses, but am already in Administration field as a admin excutive for 2yrs. Now i just wanted to know how this could help me to get into the HR operations field. Am really intrested to be there in HR Operations but then how long it would take me to be there on the seat.? Kindly guide me to get more info to get into my career… Waiting for your revert back..

Thankyou,
    Deepa lakshmi

80. Bilit Brahma   |  Tuesday, 30 September 2014 at 5:48 am

Dear Sir I am pursuing an MBA degree in Human Resource, my communication and skills are good and I have succeeded in acquiring a diplomatic profile but the problem is that due the past mistakes of mine I have a very poor grades in my career profile so what I need to know from you is that will I be able to get a job. I would sincerely be grateful for your advice sir.

81. Girish Chand   |  Tuesday, 30 September 2014 at 8:01 am

Sir, i have just comleted my hotel management and want to do with HR , so please could you suggest me that it is suitable for me and will get any suitable job in this field

82. beena   |  Saturday, 04 October 2014 at 10:17 am

hi sir,
    I’ve done my graduation in b.sc in the year 2012. i got job in customer service collections as it was my first job i wanted to grab the opportunity i worked almost 2 years 4 months i din’t find any growth . Later i lost intrest in calling and resigned my job in sept-2014 , im pursuing my Mba 2nd yr i want to get a job in hr field once i complete my MBA can u pls suggest me how to get a job in hr and what kind of courses to be done.

83. rajesh   |  Tuesday, 07 October 2014 at 8:27 am

Hi I am rajesh i have 6 years of experience in backoffice now i want to switch in human resorce, there is a course called pace hr innovations private limited which is in ghatkopar and its a 3 and half months course. is this genuine they are charging fees of around 26000 can i get a job in hr without hr experience at this stage i am 30 years of age i am worried about my future as there is no scope in backoffice please help. Should i do mba in hr Please let me know asap Or please do email me if you have any suggestions or any courses

84. nagulmeera   |  Wednesday, 08 October 2014 at 8:48 am

i am working as a automation tester in a software company but i want to move to hr deparment , without mba

please let me know the possible ways

85. whyme   |  Friday, 17 October 2014 at 12:20 pm

Thanks for the article.
    u mentioned about top business schools in India with MDI as one of them.
    Let me share something with u. I completed my MBA in HR from MDI in 2014 and is still jobless.
    I dont even know what is wrong with my credentials. I have judged them neutrally, rectified where needed every time I felt the need to do so. Yet 7 months and no job for a student from a premiere business school, known for its HR courses. I also have an engineering degree and work experience of nearly an year in a leading IT company.
    And this fate is not only mine. A few others from my HR batch are also in the same league.

Can u shed some light on this matter. Its really depressing.

86. Nivedita   |  Saturday, 18 October 2014 at 6:44 am

Sir,
    I have completed my B.e in E.c branch in 2013. I am currently working as an HR and also took admission for M.b.a. Hr. Very socialite person and handling 180 employees. I would like to know about the skills required for a better and speedy growth. also i want to go to abroad after completing my M.B.A. Can u pls tell me which companies should i apply for abroad. and also some good tips to grab good openings.

Please rep. or rep thru email on my email id