We were approached by The Economist team to help spread the word for their MBA virtual fair. Most Indian applicants can’t fly out to visit international schools, so the next best thing to do is reach out to Admissions committee members in the virtual world. An online fair like this one would be a good opportunity for Indian candidates to interact with school representatives from multiple schools – no visa hassles, no expenses and no dress code.
We requested the team to share some tips exclusively for our readers, and they obliged. Simple ideas coming from a credible source takes on a new meaning. So read on and register for free. |
How to make the most out of your MBA virtual fair experience
– Elizabeth Pace | Marketing & Online Fairs | The Economist Group (New York)
You may already know that business school is a great opportunity to learn new skills, advance your career and increase your salary. But how do you know which business school is right for you? An online fair provides the perfect opportunity for participants to meet admissions officers, learn more about the business schools they are interested in and join webinars with MBA experts, all from the convenience of their own home or office computer.
Here are some helpful tips on how to make the most out of your MBA virtual fair experience:
Plan what you would like business schools to know about you, and do some research on the schools you want to speak with. Although you can gather everything you need to know at the fair, admissions officers will be impressed with those who have done their homework. Avoid asking questions about basic facts that can be found in school profiles.
To make the most of these live events, focus on what you believe are the most important aspects of your business school experience: class size, location, team work, diversity, teaching style, student life, etc. Finding out more about these key issues will help you figure out which program most closely matches your goals and preferences.
3. Leverage all opportunities:
Fair attendees should make sure to leverage all opportunities available to them during the event. In addition to the information available in each school’s virtual booth, most fairs offer numerous other features. Some fairs ask schools to bring along alumni and current students who can speak to participants directly about the everyday challenges and rewards of attending their school. Some fairs also have webinars or videos offering advice on admissions and the MBA experience.
4. Explore and enjoy yourself:
Virtual fairs give you an unprecedented opportunity to meet admissions officers, students and alumni around the world. The knowledge you will gather at this event can help you make an informed decision on the right program for you. Make the most of your experience and above all else, enjoy it!
The Economist’s Which MBA? MBA Fair, online on September 7th and 8th, provides inside access to diverse full-time business schools from all over the world. At the fair you can:
• Talk with admissions officers, current MBA students and alumni
• View webinars and videos with advice from MBA experts
• Attend topical chat sessions about student life and special programs
• Download brochures, videos and school applications
Schools that have already signed on to exhibit:
• University of Virginia – Darden School of Business
• National University of Singapore Business School
• York University – Schulich School of Business
• University of Miami School of Business Administration
• University of Denver – Daniels College of Business
• Virginia Tech – Pamplin College of Business
• Clarkson University School of Business
• Worcester Polytechnic Institute School of Business
• University of New South Wales – Australian School of Business
• University of California, Riverside – The A. Gary Anderson Graduate School of Management
• University of New Brunswick Saint John
• Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú
Sign up free today by clicking on the image below:
I like the sound of ‘Free’. So sign-up right now and reserve your space. Attend the sessions that interest you and ask a few intelligent questions to get noticed by the Adcoms. Check out MBA Crystal Ball content during the fair.
It might be the only opportunity to interact with decision makers of the top schools across the world, in your baniyaan and fluorescent bermudas, without having your attire negatively impact your chances. Just ensure that your laptop camera is switched off when you are logged in.